Tanya Burr nail polish review!

13:00

I've been a fan of Tanya Burr for a while now, and when I heard she was launching her own lip gloss and nail polish line, I was so excited! I'm not so much of a lip gloss wearer, but I do have an obsession with nail polishes, and couldn't wait to get my hands on some. 

And then reality hit - being in NZ the lip glosses are easily available through websites like feelunique.com, however getting nail polishes shipped from anywhere but within New Zealand is pretty much impossible. I considered getting my aunt to send me some over, but again, shipping restrictions would stop that. 

But, my parents and younger brother and sister were heading over at the end of April to catch up with the family. I saw this as my opportunity! I looked online at all the different shades and tried finding 'swatches' of them, and made a shortlist of two colours, before settling one on. I wrote this on the bottom of my list, with instructions on where to find them. 3 Superdrug's later, mum finally found a bottle.


I tried getting a picture of the colour on my nails - the colour is so dark it's difficult to get a picture showing the colour
Midnight sparkles!

There's nothing I love more than sparkles, dark nail polishes, and purple - so this colour was ideal.   I do love the lighter colours in the collection, but I do have colours similar, so decided on this colour as I would get some good use. 

Packaging:


In pictures, this bottle looks so cute - I liked the square shape, rather than the normal round bottles.   However, 'in person' it wasn't as great. I thought the heart on the lid was printed directly onto the lid, however it was  sticker. On my bottle, it wasn't stuck down properly, and did have dust underneath it. That's probably me being suuuper picky.  

After opening the lid maybe two or three times, the lid broke.  Nothing major, it just makes it a bit more difficult to open. As you can see in the picture, the 'square' lid completely comes off, leaving just the basic round lid. The round lid makes it easy to open, and I just pop the 'square lid' back on to make it easier to hold and paint. I don't know whether it's meant to be glued - but there's definitely no 'dried' glue on either parts of the lid.

The actual nail polish:

I had to put it at an awkward angle and lean it on the radio - but at least the colour is visible :)

I like it. It's not too runny, nor is it to thick. Even with one coat, the colour was consistent and could be left like that with the second coat just deepening the colour. 

I Love the colour. I have an OPI nail polish which does look similar to this in the bottle, but when it's on the nail it's actually navy. However this colour looks the same on the nail as it is in the bottle. It's so gorgeous I can't help but stare at it (and move them around in the light to make them sparkle even more!) I wish I'd asked for more shades!

I've had it one my nails now for three days and it's still flawless. I can't wait to see how long it will last - I applied my OPI Base coat and Top coat as well, so I'm hoping at least a week, 10 days maybe.

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook