NZFW | My third day

17:42

Friday was my third (and unfortunately last) day at fashion week.  Unlike the past few days, it actually wasn't that busy. Which to be honest, I was glad about. Turns out lots of pre-7am wake up calls and a small cramped uncomfortable couch aren't the magic ingredients for a nice long sleep. oh well.


Friday, however, was the Miramoda show. Which meant hair, make up and 12 designers had to be interviewed. Even with a bit of team effort, it took just over an hour!

Highlight: Amber Whitecliffe coming up to me out of the blue and thanking me for the blogpost I wrote about her/the New Generation show on Tuesday :)

All the designers were new to fashion week, so there was a really fun buzz around backstage. Most of them were super nice to talk to, and a few others who didn't leave the greatest first impression. But I won't name names...

Watching the show was fun too - so many different designers meant a large range of styles/aesthetics. This meant although the show was long, it didn't end up feeling all that long as there was no time to get bored.

After writing up the post (oooh oooh read it here!), we didn't really have much to do, and headed out to lunch. And OMGit was amazing. We went to The Conservatory in Auckland Viaduct, right by the Viaduct Events centre. I opted for a egg and bacon bagel and :O SO GOOD! I'm not a big fan off eggs, but it was really good - I would definitely go back again. Also, I don't know if it's good or bad - but I didn't get ID'd again. Do I not look 19 or something?

Unfortunately, I had to miss out on the Fashion Weekend opening party, and the last Resene show because I had to come back to Pukekohe, but all in all, it was an AMAZING week - I really hope I get to go back to Fashion Week next year!

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook